Parker’s 2016 Sustainability Report is now available, showcasing team member-driven initiatives which are helping to strengthen communities, conserve resources and make a positive environmental impact at the local level.
“We all share a commitment to responsible operations, and as Parker celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2017, we will look to the future for new opportunities to make a positive impact on the world,” noted Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Lee Banks, President and Chief Operating Officer in a leadership message in the report.
From creating value for customers and shareholders, to preserving the environment and creating a positive impact on team members and in local communities, the concept of sustainability is aligned with the goals that have driven Parker since the company was founded a century ago.
Regardless of their role within the company’s operations, Parker’s sustainability commitment is shared by team members around the world:
To responsibly solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges to foster enduring success for the company, customers and communities.
All sustainability initiatives at Parker are aligned with the company’s ambition to create a positive impact in people’s lives.
Highlights from the 2016 Sustainability Report include:
- 53% reduction in the Recordable Incident Rate since 2011, in pursuit of zero accidents
- 214 Parker facilities were accident free in 2016
- 85% of the waste generated from Parker’s manufacturing operations was recycled
- The Parker Hannifin Foundation donated more than $6 million to 250 qualified charitable organizations
- In response to Parker’s Earth Day Challenge, 35 unique local projects resulted in a 7.5 million gallon decrease in water consumption and 17 million kWh reduction in energy use, and 200 tons of waste by-product was prevented from reaching landfills
The report is available for download at www.parker.com/sustainability.
Comments and feedback are welcome to email@example.com. Please reference 2016 Sustainability Report in the subject line.