Increase your engine protection by up to ten times when specifying Racor filtration and separation solutions on board. Every skipper wants to set sail with a reliable crew – hands that perform reliably in calm and stormy waters. For more than 40 years, more vessels have put out to oceans, rivers and lakes with protection from the most trusted name in the fuel filtration business… Racor.
Filters and water separators
Racor fuel filters and water separators protect vital engine components from the damage caused by dirt particles, salt-water and other contaminants within the fuel system. Easy to specify and easy to fit, their advanced design can also improve both fuel economy and performance.
Virtually every user of diesel or gasoline engines will have an ongoing requirement for Racor marine fuel filtration products.
The benefits of Racor to end users are:
- High-quality filter media, ensuring maximum system efficiency and proven extended element life.
- Racor’s genuine Aquabloc ® filter media, engineered to repel water and remove solid contaminants before they can damage precision engine components.
- Reduced unscheduled downtime.
- Immediate local availability.
When it comes to performance, a wide range of applications and fast availability from a single source, Parker's Racor fuel filters and associated products provide the high quality, low-cost solution.
Typical marine markets include:
- Super-yachts, motor yachts, powered watercraft and sailboats
- Fishing boats, tugboats and dredgers.
- Marine chandlers.
- Fuel tanks and fuel supply.
- Boat repair, service and refit.
Racor Marine Spin-on-Series
Racor quality in one easy spin, the most complete protection on the water.
- Clear contaminant collection bowl for outboard applications
- Metal bowl units for inboard applications
- Drain valve or plug
- Ten-micron Aquabloc® media
- Long life with 98% efficiency
- Corrosion resistant construction
Turbine Series filter assemblies are designed to be installed on the vacuum side of the fuel transfer pump for best efficiency and to protect precision engine components from dirt, rust, algae, asphaltines, varnishes, and especially water, which is prevalent in engine fuels. They remove contaminants from fuel using the following legendary three-stage process:
- Stage One: Separation. As fuel enters the filter assembly, it moves through the centrifuge which spins off large solids and water droplets that fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
Stage Two: Coalescing. Small water droplets bead up on the surface of the conical baffle and cartridge element. When heavy enough, they too fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Stage Three: Filtration. Proprietary Aquabloc®II cartridge elements repel water and remove contaminants from fuel down to two microns (nominal). They are waterproof and are effective longer than water absorbing elements.
Features and benefits
- Available in several sizes to fit any application.
- Heavy duty construction.
- Installs quickly.
- Available in 2, 10, and 30 microns.
- Easy to service.
- Clear collection bowl.
- Self-venting water drain.
When engines demand heavy-duty, high-capacity water separation and fuel filtration, the Turbine Series is the most complete, efficient, and reliable engine protection you can install. Symbolizing Racor’s continuing commitment to the science of filtration, the Turbine Series has established its position as the filter/separator often imitated, but never equaled. Models that include an aluminum bowl or stainless steel shield meet ASTM FS1201, Veritas, Det Norske Veritas, ISO 10088, and are USCG accepted. For severe service, all-metal bowls should be specified.
Duplex Turbine units offer mariners the peace-of-mind of having a clean filter in reserve. Rough seas can stir up tank sediment which will quickly clog a single fuel filter. With Racor, a simple turn of a valve puts a clean filter back on-line. Servicing of the clogged filter can then be performed even with the engine running.
Paired with our famous and genuine Aquabloc® filters, the Racor Turbine Series is still the preferred brand for serious sailors worldwide.
Turbine series elements
Aquabloc® is waterproof, rustproof, dirtproof.
Racor’s genuine Aquabloc filter media is engineered to repel water and remove solid contaminants before they can damage precision engine components. Racor Aquabloc® elements are available in different lengths for various flow rates and are colour-coded 2, 10 and 30 microns.
The lower the micron rating the finer the filtration. Lower micron ratings should be considered when there is no additional downstream filtration. Ultimately, the micron rating preferred will be a function of fuel quality, operating climates and maintenance schedules.
Racor filter funnels:
The Racor Fuel Filter Funnel (RFF) family is a new heavy-duty, fast-flow, filter-in-a-funnel that separates damaging free water and contaminants from gasoline, diesel, heating oil, and kerosene. The new RFF family of products is capable of removing free water and solids down to .005 inches and allows you to visually inspect the integrity of your fuel supply as you refuel.
For more information and help with your questions, please visit our website Parker Racor Division or call:
Racor Division - North America (209) 521 7860
Racor Division - Europe +44 (0) 1924 487 037
Other related filtration topics: