Withstanding the high pressures of deepwater reservoirs has been a challenge for offshore drilling operations limited by the capabilities of their equipment.
Going after deep reservoirs with higher internal pressures requires components that can operate reliably at higher-pressure levels. If a single component can’t handle the pressure, then the entire system is compromised. Until now, reliable component performance at extreme depths has been an issue for drillers, Christmas tree manufactures, and chemical injection companies.
A new offering from Parker’s Quick Coupling Division (QCD) could be the innovation that helps operators reach more reservoirs than ever before.
Metal sealed coupler unique to marketplace
Parker's Quick Coupling Division is introducing the new 20,000 psi Metal Sealed Coupler at this year’s Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) at NRG Park in Houston, booth 3639.
Unique to the marketplace, the coupler has a working pressure of 20,000 psi which allows for reliable connections and disconnections while working in higher-pressure formations. Features and benefits include:
- One of the first subsea couplers with a working pressure of 20,000 psi
- Designed for high-pressure, high-temperature (HPHT) environments
- Allows operators to reach more reservoirs than ever before
- Ideal for connecting multiple pieces of equipment in deep water applications
The 20,000 psi Metal Sealed Coupler is one of the first couplers that can be used on equipment servicing higher-pressure reservoirs. This is ideal for connecting multiple pieces of equipment in the offshore industry, including Christmas tree manufacturing, oil production, and chemical injection.
To create reliable connections, the coupler combines two types of seals, making it ideal for harsh HPHT environments at extreme depths:
- Seals designed for connection under full-system pressure
- Seals designed with Parker patented metal sealing technology for increased wear and high-temperature resistance
Watch this video:
Metal sealed, low separation force 15,000 psi couplings
- Designed for low separation force while under pressure
- Offer superior flow and reliable performance in the harshest environments
- Primary and secondary seals create a secure barrier to prevent water leakage that could lead to unplanned downtime
MCD series stab plate
- Designed for maximum performance, easy installation, long life, and a sound connection in harsh subsea conditions
- Lightweight for easy handling and installation
- Ideal for subsea production control applications
Are you attending the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC)?
Schedule a meeting with an engineer at the show to learn more about the new 20,000 psi Metal Sealed Coupler, see our other products, and discuss solutions to your application challenges. OTC is the largest event in the world for the oil and gas industry featuring more than 2,400 exhibitors and attendees representing 120 countries.
May 1 – 4, 2017
This post was contributed by Jason Mikulski, subsea business development manager, Parker Quick Coupling Division.