All around the world, the cost of gas turbine downtime is a critical issue in power generation applications. These tough environments that operate under constant stress can cause serious issues for your hydraulic fittings, which can lead to leaks and turbine downtime. Parker’s Seal-Lok Xtreme fitting, utilizing the proven face seal fitting design along with a metal sealing ring addresses the need for reliable fuel connections in extreme-temperature applications.
How Seal-Lok Xtreme works
Seal-Lok Xtreme utilizes the proven face seal design to stop leaks in unforgiving industrial applications that have both extreme temperatures and vibration. When assembled, Seal-Lok Extreme’s stainless steel metal sealing ring is compressed against the flat face of the connecting flanged tube or hose fitting. Resistant to overtightening, every turn of the nut ensures a solid leak-free seal for your critical application. This tried and true design also reduces loosening caused by vibration, and the dry film lubrication on the nuts prevents galling.
Rugged design for indispensable equipment
Seal-Lok Xtreme’s metal seal extends the temperature capabilities of the industrial standard O-ring face seal design to an impressive range of -328°F (-200°C) to 1200°F (650°C). It also ends the challenges of chemical compatibility issues commonly found with elastomeric O-rings. With its zero clearance assembly and unlimited reusability, Seal-Lok Xtreme is an ideal solution for power generation and renewable energy applications.
Key features of Seal-Lok Xtreme:
- Unparalleled vibration resistance
- Eliminates over-tightening damage
- Quick zero clearance assembly
- Reduced galling potential with dry film lubrication on all nuts
- Extreme temperature seal
- Unlimited reusability
- Reduced assembly time required
- Working pressures up to 5,850 psi
- Seal retention prevents fall-out during assembly
- Available in tube and hose sizes 1/2" to 2" (6mm to 50mm) and pipe sizes up to 2" NPS
- SAE/AISI 316/316L stainless steel materials for corrosion resistance
- Meets requirements of ASME B31.1 and B31.3
For more info on our Seal-Lok Xtreme Solutions for Power Gen page.
Do you want to receive new product announcements and technology updates from Parker Tube Fittings Division? Subscribe today and stay informed.
Article contributed by Nathan Green, engineer at Parker Tube Fittings Division