Unless you’re a risk-taking, daredevil type, you likely have some sort of diagnostic infrastructure in your facility. And while there’s no discounting the benefit of wired diagnostic solutions, any maintenance technician can give you a laundry list of reasons why they’re not always the most efficient solution.
If your diagnostic solutions are all wired, Parker has introduced a solution that lets you untether your monitoring device from your asset.
Go wireless with the 4-20mA transmitter
With Parker’s new SensoNODE™ 4-20mA transmitter, users can cut the cord for their wired diagnostic solution. The transmitter turns any wired sensor into a wireless device, so you can utilize your existing sensors, saving time and money. This provides a number of benefits
- It unlocks existing measurements that are trapped in many control systems
- Allows remote monitoring and trend graphing, as well as digital record making from a safe distance
- Run diagnostics without halting production, resulting in more accurate readings and no loss of revenue
- No wires mean you can fit the sensor closer to the point of interest for more precise measurements
- Works seamlessly with Parker’s SCOUT™ Mobile application, so measurements, warnings, and alerts can be sent to a user’s mobile device
Use the internal magnet in the base of the transmitter, or the threaded stud port to mount the transmitter anywhere.
The Parker 4-20mA transmitter allows users to easily monitor any asset by turning any wired sensor into a wireless device. Find a distributor here
This post was contributed by Dan Davis, product sales manager, SensoNODE Sensors and SCOUT Software, Parker Hannifin.