Parker has released its 2018 Sustainability Report, which highlights team member-driven initiatives that are helping to strengthen communities, conserve resources and make a positive environmental impact at the local level.
“During a year in which Parker achieved record growth and delivered the strongest financial performance in the company’s history, we are also very grateful for the dedication of our team members in fulfilling the company’s commitment to responsible operations”
“From creating a safety-first workplace to acting as good stewards of the environment and supporting the communities around the world that we call home, we are making progress toward our social responsibility goals.”
Key achievements related to Parker’s sustainability initiatives detailed in the report include:
- Safety is Parker’s highest priority, and the company’s Recordable Incident Rate has dropped by 54% over the past five years, including a 21% reduction in 2018.
- The practice of volunteering and charitable giving is central to Parker’s culture, and with matching contributions from the Parker Hannifin Foundation, this year team members donated close to $1 million to support dozens of local United Ways across the United States.
- The Parker Hannifin Foundation donated more than $6 million to hundreds of charitable organizations with a focus on communities in need, education, disaster relief and energy and water conservation.
- Since 2004, Parker has reduced its energy use index, which measures energy consumed per unit of sales, by more than 50%. Parker has also achieved a top quartile score among its diversified industrial peer group from the Carbon Disclosure Project, an independent agency that assesses more than 7,000 companies on their energy management program.
- Today Parker recycles more than 85% of the waste generated from its manufacturing operations, and the company continues to make progress toward its goal of reducing water use and the volume of waste sent to landfills by 20% between 2015 and 2020.
The report also features examples selected from hundreds of submissions that demonstrate local initiatives driven by Parker team members, aimed at making the company more efficient, supporting local communities and protecting the environment.
Learn more at http://www.parker.com/sustainability.